1 cup cooked white tepary beans
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1/4 cup roasted green chili, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Feta Cheese
Prepared uncooked pie crust
1 egg white
Sprig of parsley, kale or basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place uncooked pie crust on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the mixture onto 1/2 of the pie crust.
- Fold the pie crust in half and press the edges together to seal.
- Brush the egg white onto the edges to aid in sealing.
- Cut a small slit in the top for venting.
- Top with sprig of parsley, kale or basil.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
Recipe courtesy of Velvet Button