Prepare the beans starting the recipe, be sure to reserve the bean liquid as that will be used to prepare the rice.
2 cups rinsed and cooked white rice
1&1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp oregano
1 bay leaf (remove before serving)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
- Cook in a skillet on medium heat until liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
"Dirty" Beans Ingredients:
1 shallot diced
4 tbsp chopped onion
1 tsp yellow curry powder
2 tbsp chulula hot sauce or hot sauce of your choice
6 oz hot sausage (optional)
"Dirty" Beans Directions:
- Combine in a saucepan.
- Cook ingredients on medium heat until soft or until sausage is cooked through if using sausage.
- Reduce heat to simmer
- Add 4 tbsp flour and stir into mixture until smooth.
- Add 1 cup broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- Add 1/2 cup of milk, simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes until thick.
- Mix in 1 cup of cooked brown tepary beans.
- Serve over the prepared rice.
Recipe courtesy of Velvet Button